These tips are simple to do in only a few minutes!
- Eat by candlelight or Christmas lights.
- Sit at the table with each other. No phones, no TV.
- Play instrumental music in the background.
- Make a beverage for a "cocktail hour" or dessert to have after dinner.
- Take time to have coffee or tea after your meal.
- Eat with chopsticks (or forks, or your hands, whichever isn't your norm!).
These ideas will take a little more effort and planning, but they are worth it!
- Prepare a meal made entirely of pins from your significant other's Pinterest board.
- Add a nice tablecloth and centerpiece to your dinner table.
- Get out the fine china and use it for dinner.
- Spread a blanket on the floor and have an inside picnic.
- Try another culture's food together.
- Make a meal incorporating different milestones or memories in your relationship. Food from a special restaurant, or an umbrella in the drink to remember that fabulous trip, etc.
These tips can take a lot of time and effort, but the results are memorable!
- Do a holiday meal, even if it isn't the right time of year! Decorate the table and have a mini Thanksgiving in March or Christmas in July meal.
- Make a tent in a room of your home and light it with candles and Christmas lights. Throw in some pillows for comfort, and eat dinner in the fort!
- Dress up and have a fancy dinner at home. Then move furniture around as necessary to make a dance floor.
- Plan a new kind of meal you've never tried before and cook it together.
- Make an entire dinner of things on skewers. Fruit, vegetables, meat kabobs, desserts, lots of options! To get extra fancy, make sauces to go with them.
- Have a themed dinner. Whether it's based on a movie, story, or character that your significant other enjoys, go all out! Perhaps some Elvis PB and banana sandwiches, a hobbit second breakfast, a 1920s dinner in Cairo, or a Regency era-appropriate meal would be up your alley. For extra flair, dress up according to the theme.