And for many of these to-do projects I already have most, if not all, of the supplies needed to create them. The only thing I don't have is time!
This means that I'm having to prioritize my projects, a very difficult task. I'm finding that how I pick my project order does actually have a logic to it, and this process has really helped me determine which projects to do when.
1. What projects do I have the supplies for already?
From my stash, I have supplies for trousers, tap pants and bra sets, button-downs, a knitted sweater vest, and a couple dresses.
2. When I get dressed every day, what item often fills in the blank in this question, "Dangit! I wish I had ________ to wear today!"
For me, this blank has been more and more often filled in with "office-appropriate trousers," "solid button-down shirts," and "non-pencil skirts."
3. Of these items, which are the most versatile that I would wear the most?
To continue my personal example, I'd have to say trousers and button-downs.
4. Do I want multiples of any of these projects? Different color/ fabric versions? Could they be made "factory" style to get a bunch done at once?
I do want to make several button-downs, but I have to do a test run on the pattern I have and make tweaks before I try making it "factory" style. Then I have the supplies for several shirts ready to go!
5. What events/weather is ahead that I can prepare for?
Winter is coming! I need layering clothes!
6. What do I feel like creating and having in my wardrobe?
Right now, I would love to be able to use some of my feedback and novelty print fabrics to make button downs, some of them mostly solid-colored, too. It would give me more layering options come fall, and I'm just REALLY excited to get some of my more exciting fabrics out!
Knitting is also a good in-between project for lull times at work or short breaks at home.
With all of this in mind, I have begun work on a late 1940s button-down pattern trial run. When it's done, I'll be able to tweak it and *hopefully* do some factory style production of some fabulous blouses! I'm also going to keep knitting a sweater vest that I'm working on. It will pair well with all the future blouses and work well for "winterizing" my wardrobe.
What projects are in your queue these days? What do you think you're going to work on next (or currently)?