I don't know about you, but as the days get shorter, the weather gets colder, and the holidays approach, the stronger my desire to sit in my house in a giant sweater sipping tea and knitting. And you know what? Some times I just do.
Last night I made mini pies, even though there was a pile of laundry that needed to be folded. I felt momentarily guilty for making mini pies instead of folding laundry, but then I figured... Jacob will be way happier with a mini pie than folded socks, and so will I. The laundry will be there tomorrow.
|pre-oven Instagram pic of my Pyrex mini pies!|
So even if you can't take a whole day, be sure to carve out a bit of time for yourself before the holidays get crazy. Recharge your batteries. Rest your mind. Get out of the hubbub of social media noise for a while.
And while you sit in your cozy sweater, here are some things that may help you relax and recharge:
- Make a tea latte and sip it from your favorite mug.
- Watch a good period drama on Netflix. There are so many fabulous ones right now!
- Sit and read an old magazine. If you don't have one, go click through the Reminisce site.
- Watch an old movie and doodle the outfits you'd like to have that are inspired by the costumes. (Preferably "Some Like It Hot," like in the photo above!)
- Read a book. (Book? What's a book? With real paper? Yes!)
- Knit or crochet a quick, easy project like a scarf, headband, or embellishment for another project.
- Hand sew something. Perhaps the hem on a skirt, or something from your mend pile.
- Listen to an old radio show, like Burns & Allen or Jack Benny.
What other things do you like to do to rest and recharge? Do you feel like you take enough time for yourself to rejuvenate?