This week I received the Liebster Award from my friend Sharon of Freely Ronnie! How sweet is that?!
The Liebster Award is for bloggers to recognize and get to know their blogging peers, especially the beginning ones (like me!).
Here are the rules for all nominees:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you
3. Create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers you decide to nominate
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link to them on their blog post
5. The nominated bloggers must be notified of their award!6. No tag backs!
11 Random Facts About Moi!
1. I did archery for fun as a kid and shot many an innocent box in my backyard.
2. I'm LOVING the heeled tennis shoe trend. (Is it vintage.... not in the least... but I like them!)
3. Two of my favorite TV shoes are M*A*S*H and Frasier.
4. My dad's side of the family is into car racing, so I've been to a few races and spent some time at the track.
5. I love climbing things. Rocks, buildings, trees, you name it.
6. I was never on any sports team until here in college (where I play intramural powderpuff football).
7. I do a Crossfit-type class at my school gym with some other ladies.
8. I'm getting a degree in International Multicultural Studies (people, pretty much).
9. I can't stand hairballs in showers. Anything else in the world I can deal with, sure, but not those. BLECH. I have no idea why.
10. My favorite furniture item to sit on in all the world is a Lovesac.
11. Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy is my favorite family recipe. YUM.
11 Questions from Sharon:
1. Favorite movie? "Gladiator", "Pride and Prejudice", and "What About Bob?"
2. Starbucks order? Hmmmm. My sister ordered something really delicious the other day... and I can't remember what it is.....
3. Childhood memory? I would pick random leaves and store them in a pouch. When I got a scrape or something, I would chew up the leaves and put them on the scrape. I was convinced this is how Native Americans used to do it and that it would help!
4. Biggest challenge you face with blogging? Trying to keep good perspective. Blogging success means being in it for the long haul, so I need to remind myself not to compare to bloggers that have been at it much longer than me!
5. Soundtrack? Jane Eyre
6. Favorite Quote? "Dream manfully and nobly, and thy dreams shall be prophets." -Edward Bulwer-Lytton
7. Where do you get your inspiration? historical sources and other bloggers!
8. Last tweet or status? "I just heard this coming down the hall, 'ALL HAIL THE BEST ROOMMATE EVER! SHE GOES BY JESSIE KUE! ALL HAIL THE BEST ROOMMATE EVER! SHE GOES BY JESSIE KUE!' Such a great floor. - Amber and Jessie"
9. Snow Day plans? Sit, chill, snuggle, and watch movies while sipping hot chocolate or tea.
10. Biggest fear? Hating my job in the future and being stuck in it.
11. Greatest accomplishment? Coming through culture shock successfully in Egypt and Sudan as a teenager.
11 Questions For My Nominees:
1. Most beautiful thing you've ever seen?
2. If you could add one item to your wardrobe (money is no object!) what would it be and why?
3. Top three places you'd love to visit?
4. Favorite kind of cookie?
5. Favorite song?
6. If you could play any instrument masterfully, what would it be and why?
7. Sweet or unsweet tea?
8. Favorite holiday to celebrate?
9. Favorite tattoo idea?
10. Strangest/most random thing you like?
11. What would your dream kitchen look like?
My 11 Nominees:
Helen Mae || Lovebirds Vintage
Aunt Ruthie || Sugar Pie Farmhouse
Mary || Mary Van Notes
Miriam || Miriams Kafferep
Katie || The Little Red Squirrel
Nabby || This Old Life
Beth || V is for Vintage
Fawn|| Instead of the Dishes
Nancy || There Is Grace